SAS lämnar Star Alliance

SAS räddas av KLM och Air Fance – samtidigt lämnar man Star Alliance till förmån för SkyTeam.

Blir att börja samla poäng direkt hos Lufthansa i stället för en annan.

” Today, we announced an exciting and transformative step to build on SAS’ 75-year long history and position our airline at the forefront of the industry for years to come.

We are securing an investment in the reorganized SAS of USD 1,175 million from Castlelake, L.P., Air France-KLM, and Lind Invest together with the Danish state. The investment will provide us with the financial resources to be an even stronger airline for our customers and communities across Scandinavia and other markets.

In connection with this milestone, we intend to eventually join the airline alliance SkyTeam, at which time we will exit Star Alliance. While we are proud to have been a founding member of Star Alliance, we are confident that joining SkyTeam will further strengthen our customer offering.

Importantly, nothing is changing as of now. We still need to obtain regulatory approvals and meet certain conditions to complete the investment transaction and change alliance. Here’s what that means for our airline and for you as a EuroBonus member:

• You can continue to book flights with us as usual. We look forward to continue welcoming passengers in Scandinavia today, and well into the future as we move forward as an even stronger airline.
  • Until we complete the transaction, we remain part of Star Alliance. You as a EuroBonus member will continue to enjoy your usual benefits when flying on our partner airlines, and you will be able to accrue and redeem points on Star Alliance partners - just like today. Award bookings with our partners remain valid.
  • As a EuroBonus member, you can continue to accrue and redeem points on SAS and on non-air partners.
  • Your status and benefits as a EuroBonus member when you fly with SAS will not be impacted.

We will keep you informed about what to expect over the coming months and will provide updates on the EuroBonus website under latest news.

We are proud of our legacy as Scandinavia’s leading airline since 1946 and look forward to continue serving you for years to come.

Thank you for your continued loyalty.

Sincerely,

Anko van der Werff
President & CEO, SAS”

Jag kan inget om situationen men jag säger ändå att allt det här är danskarnas fel !!!
Vart vänder man sig nu :flushed:

2 gillningar

Snacka med Postnord, de kan danska. :joy::joy:

Intressant och bra för SAS att dom äntligen får en vettig investering. Har trott i många år att Lufthansa skulle köpa in sig men det blev Air France-KLM istället.

För egen del har SAS/Lufthansa/United varit min treenighet i över 20 år men nu kanske man får kika på SAS/AirFrance-KLM/Delta istället för att maximera poängintjäning.

Himla synd att British Airways inte är med i Skyteam.

När man läser detta så är man rätt nöjd med att i stort sett uteslutande flyga Norwegian :smiley:

Varför BA? Det var visserligen rätt länge sen jag flög med dom men var inte speciellt imponerad.

Har gillat Lufthansas tyska effektivitet. Flög en del AirFrance för 15 år sen och det var väldigt franskt, dåliga på att passa tiden men fantastisk mat. Har ingen koll på KLM men dom ska väl vara bra.

Man hamnar lätt hos BA om man är fattig kulturarbetare och skall till US.

1 gillning