I december stänger D-link av sin molntjänst för smarta hem

Från sajten:

D-Link meddelar nu sina kunder att de kommer att stänga ner sin molntjänst i slutet av året. Vi ser ytterligare en molntjänst gå i graven till kundernas förtret.

Det är Karl Emil Nikka på Nikka Systems som uppmärksammar detta i ett blogginlägg. D-Links tjänst mydlink Home kommer att stängas ner den 30 december 2022 varpå en rad produkter blir mer eller mindre oanvändbara. I ett mejl som skickats ut till användarna ges mer information om det hela och på deras hemsida finns följande meddelande:

“As D-Link continues to refocus on developing products and solutions that provide our customers the most value and highest security, we are announcing the End of Service for the mydlink Home and mydlink Baby Monitor Apps and Cloud Services on December 30, 2022.

A full list of affected devices is listed below:
mydlink Home:
DCS-935LH, DCS-8200LH, DCS-5010L, DCS-5025L, DCS-935L, DSP-W110, DSP-W215, DSP-W115, DCH-S150, DCH-S160, DCH-G020, DCH-Z510, DCH-Z112, DCH-G022, DCH-Z122, DCH-Z110, DCH-S220, DCH-Z120, DCH-Z310

mydlink Baby Cameras:
DCS-700L, DCS-800L, DCS-820L, DCS-825L , DCS-850L, DCS-855L

What this means for you:
• End of Sales and Support – Already Passed
All products affected by this announcement have been discontinued and have passed end-of-sale and end-of-support periods. We are aware of the possibility where discontinued products have been sold in error. If you have purchased your affected product within the last year, please reach out to us here.

• End of App Updates, and Removal from App Stores
As of this announcement, no additional features are planned for the affected mobile apps, however apps will still be available for download in the Apple App store and Google Play store until the End of Service Date when they will be removed from mobile app stores completely. Users are still encouraged to update to the latest versions available on their respective app stores so that their app has the latest security enhancements and promotions.

• End of Services – December 30, 2022
On December 30, 2022 CST (GMT+8), we will shut down the cloud services for the affected products. Users of the mydlink Home and mydlink Baby Monitor Apps will no longer be able to sign in via these apps, and all services – including, but not limited to remote viewing, management and setup – will be discontinued for products associated with the mydlink Home and mydlink Baby Monitor Apps and Cloud Services.”

Det är med andra ord en mängd produkter som slutar supportrar eller fungera om de är anslutna via deras molntjänst. Även apparna för mydlink Home kommer att sluta på uppdateringar och sedan tas bort helt. Senast ut med liknande avveckling var Osram som häromåret tog bort sin molntjänst men där man i god tid innan säkerställde att deras gateway fick en uppdatering så den kunde fortsätta att användas lokalt vilket var ett hyfsat snyggt sätt att lösa det hela på för användarna.

Tänk dock på att det endast är mydlink Home som påverkas och inte Mydlink som har fortsatt att presentera nya produkter med jämna mellanrum.

Är du en flitig användare av tjänsten eller har du som många andra sålt av de äldre produkterna?

Källa: Nikka Systems

Det var en ordentlig Aftonbladet-rubrik det. :joy:

Öppna system FTW.

Så det går inte att använda sig av dessa produkter i fortsättningen? =Slänga? Isf aldrig mer Dlink.